Friday, March 12, 2010

BYU most popular?

I just came across this article from U.S. News and World Report. I'm actually surprised that BYU ranked 1st in popularity in the entire country! Who knew?

I'm proud to say that I graduated from BYU and that I have worked there full-time for almost four years. BYU has blessed my family immensely, both the one I grew up with and the one I have now. I know there are things about BYU that could and probably should be changed, but it still is a great institution. It'll be weird to someday not have such ties to BYU--I mean, I'm sure that we'll eventually move away from Utah County (even if it's just to SLC), I'll no longer work at BYU, and BYU football won't be so prevalent anywhere else. But anyway, just wanted to say that I'm grateful for BYU and it makes me happy to see it getting national recognition =)

5 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Wow. That surprises me, as well. It's strange when you move away from your college town. I felt like I was "growing up" when we moved from OK to OH. Weird.

kari said...

Cool. I'm happy to see you appreciate your Alma Mater. BYU has been a blessing for our family. We "got" 3 of our expanding family members to join us from there! (Okay...not talking about waistlines.)

Carina said...

Well, Mom, technically you didn't "get" Cody from BYU, since he's not a student there or anything. I guess you could argue that yes, you did, since I was going to BYU when I met him...but still, just wanted to make that clear =P

kari said...

Absolutely! But isn't it true that you probably would not have met him if you were not there? I'm just glad we got him in the family. AND Rich, AND Shelly, and of course Melissa, our ONE from CA. Life is good. My kids chose well.

Tiffany J said...

That's actually really cool to know! What a great review for the school!