Thursday, August 18, 2011

Joshua the Artist

Joshua's creativity is really coming out these days. First off, his toy sculpture:
Next, Joshua the photog:
(Thanks for the flattering angle, Joshua)
And finally, his drawings, which just a week or two ago really started becoming recognizable as actual things:
This one is awesome. He drew a bunny, asked Cody to cut it out, and then glued it onto another piece of paper. The nose? A piece of couch stuffing (our couches are falling apart...).
A train, of course.
This is apparently a self portrait. Can't you tell?
Some of these are a little freaky-looking, but...yeah :o
And he even tried to write his name! Without help! I'm so impressed :)

The past couple of days when I've come home from work, he has been so excited to show me his latest creation ("Mommy, cwose your eyes! I gotta show ya somethin'!"). I can't wait to see what he makes for me tomorrow.

4 comments:

Brianne said...

Super cute =) Maybe he did inherit some artistic skills...

Jared and Laurel said...

Cute cute! I think my favorite is the nose on the bunny--using what's available shows true creativity! :)

Writing Group Blog said...

I love it! What a creative guy.

Mamapierce said...

So glad that you took pictures of his art - it's something that I've been doing with the art my kids make and it helps to ensure that we don't lose it. Great job, Mama!