Thursday, December 15, 2011

Snow Day!

I'm really behind on blogging. I've had a bunch of pictures that I've been saving and thinking, "I need to write a blog post about such-and-such event and post these pictures." Well, I'm finally buckling down to it, thanks to a little downtime at work (gotta love finals week! It's dead around here!).

So! We had our first (and pretty much only REAL) snowfall a few weeks ago, the Saturday before Thanksgiving. It wasn't much, but enough that Joshua wanted to go outside and play for a little while. Here he is all bundled up beforehand:

See, there really wasn't a ton of snow to speak of...and it was rather wet snow...but to a 3-year-old, it was magical.
Probably his favorite part was walking around making footprints.

He made a snowman! You may have to look really, really closely to see it. But it's there.

The snow was so wet and easily compactible (is that even a word) that it just kept sticking to my boots, to the point where I was suddenly 4-6 inches taller. Platform boots, anyone?

He played so hard that, by the time we got back inside, that kid was SWEATY. And I just love those rosy cheeks.

We haven't had much snow since then, and certainly nothing that has stuck longer than an hour or two, but it was still pretty fun. I'm sure we'll be sick of snow eventually.

No comments: