Monday, August 11, 2008

I love to see the temple...

I'm going to deviate a little from my usual subject matter on this blog and talk about this past weekend. As many of you know, my sister Kirsti is engaged to be married this Friday. Because she plans to be sealed to her fiancé Rich in the San Diego Temple, she was allowed the privilege of joining the ranks of endowed members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Her first time through the temple was on Saturday, and Cody and I were present. It was amazing.

First, let me say that I just love the temple. Cody and I used to go every week back when we first got married. Then our outings decreased once I get pregnant (I wasn't always up for a temple session...those of you that have been pregnant before can relate), and now with Joshua it's even harder to get there due to the need to arrange for a sitter. But it was incredible to go on Saturday and once again feel the Spirit in the House of the Lord. What made it even more awesome (and I mean that in the literal sense of the word) was that my little sister was there, too. I have a special bond with my sisters, and to be able to attend the temple with one of them was such a special experience for me. My parents were there as well, which was also wonderful. I think Kirsti had a very good experience.

I remember when I first went through the temple. It was July 26, 2003, and I had just received my mission call a week earlier. It was at the Los Angeles Temple. I don't remember a lot of specifics from the whole experience, but I do remember what it felt like to pass through the veil and be welcomed by my parents and other friends who were present in the Celestial Room. I imagine that's what heaven will be like--and if so, I can't wait to go there. It just made me feel so happy. And now I know what it's like to be on the welcoming side of things. It's wonderful. I just kept looking, waiting, eager to see Kirsti and give her a great big hug. I hope this doesn't sound morbid, but I am so excited to die and then be able to welcome family members into heaven (assuming I make it there, of course). It's just a very special feeling, and nothing compares to it.

I look forward to the day that Brianne will enter the House of the Lord as well and be endowed with celestial power. I can't wait to be there with my entire family. Those of us who are endowed will all be there this Friday, barring any complications, to witness our dear sister Kirsti be sealed for time and for all eternity and to welcome Rich as a new member into our family. Then, one day, the same will happen for Brianne and then we can all be there. Oh, I just can't wait. Families really are what the Plan is all about, after all. And I'm so glad to know that I can be with mine forever. =)

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Hooray for happy posts! :o)

kari said...

What a sweet reminiscence, Carina. It WAS a wonderful day, and I think it WAS a great experience for Kirsti. I'm so grateful you and Cody were there, and that she had family waiting for her. I'd love to do that in S.D., but we will meet together on the grounds after the sealing... pretty cool also! Thank you for being such a worthy sister and daughter, and for finding joy in eternal things. Love you. ~Mom

Scott said...

How neat! We just went through in June with Mickelle's brother, Marcus. It really is a sweet experience! Mickelle and I even got to be the witness couple. :)

Shalece said...

Hi Carina! It's fun to see your blog and your adorable little boy! I hope life is treatign you great, looks like it is :) I enjoyed reading your post on the temple, we are very blessed aren't we?!

if you wanna see our blog it's www.csbeyler.blogspot.com