Monday, August 4, 2008

Random Tidbits of Our Life

I fail at keeping my blog updated. I am so sorry! Life is absolutely insane these days, though, with me trying to put in extra hours at my BYU job so I can take two weeks off starting next week--and that's on top of working my normal 8 hours at BYU and 2 hours of transcription work. Yeah, I'm crazy. But we do have a few things to report.

The first piece of news is: JOSHUA IS CRAWLING!!! He started doing it last Sunday, and he's getting better and better at it every day. He's still wobbly, and he can't go really far distances (like all the way across the room in one fell swoop, I mean), but we're just amazed that he can move forward in the first place. I have a couple of cute videos of him crawling on my cell phone, which I will post as soon as I figure out how to get videos from my new phone to the computer.

I do have a few pictures I wanted to share =) First one is a picture of my boys saying goodbye to me from the top of the stairs as I leave for work...sorry that it's a little blurry: This next one will probably embarrass Cody, but I thought it was funny. So, Cody doesn't like to shave. He has really sensitive skin, and shaving really irritates it. This means that there are often long stretches in between when he shaves (he's lucky he's not a BYU student). Anyway, I think it had been about a week since he had last shaved, and he finally realized he'd put it off for too long when he saw the redness on Joshua's cheek after Daddy gave him kisses. You can't see it incredibly well, but there it is. Poor kid:
I absolutely love this next picture. I was talking to Kirsti on speaker phone and Joshua was sitting on my knee. When I told Kirsti she was on speaker phone and Joshua was there, she said, "Hi, Joshua!" And he looked directly at the phone and gave this huge smile! I got him to smile again and wouldn't you know it, there he is showing off his two little teeth. It's probably the best picture we have of his teeth as of yet:
We have church from 9-12 in our new ward, and this means Joshua often doesn't get his morning nap (I did get him to sleep after feeding him during Sunday School, but within 5 minutes of sitting down in the classroom, he woke up. I think it was just too noisy). So Daddy and Joshua took a nap together, which I thought was just adorable. Oh, and for those who are curious, Cody is wearing what's called a CPAP machine, which treats his sleep apnea and helps him breathe more easily, which in turn helps me and Joshua sleep better because he doesn't snore anymore. See, everybody wins! Aren't they cute?:
Life, as I said before, is just making me go crazy these days, so I apologize for not keeping things updated on here. Hopefully things will calm down once we go to CA and FL. Until next time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carina girl - you are going to work yourself to death! But I love the pics, especially the one of your "boss" waving at you. Too cute! I hope that we'll have a chance to talk over the wedding and such! Almost two years ago at this time we went down for you! That was so great! :D

kari said...

I am sooo glad you will soon get a break from all this hard work, my tired daughter! I hope you can make the long drive safely! I cannot wait to chase Joshua around my family room! Love you. ~Mom

Unknown said...

Grandma Jack wanted me to tell you she liked the pictures. I told her I can save them for her. Nice blog.

Love to all.