Monday, September 22, 2008

Joshua is 9 months old...and I'm playing catch-up

Okay, so things keep happening and I want to talk about them on my blog, but then I realize that I still haven't updated on our Florida trip and all the fun that's happened since then, so I keep pushing things back and now I'm over a month behind again. Sigh. So sorry! I'll start with this past weekend and then write another post about the Florida trip, which will be below this one, for anyone who cares to read about that.

For starters, Joshua is now a happy, healthy 9-month-old, weighing in at 21 lbs 9.5 oz and measuring 30 inches long. I think he's going to be tall and skinny like his daddy. At his appointment on Friday, the pediatrician even commented that Joshua is the first 9-month-old he's seen in several months that hasn't cried or fussed or anything during the appointment. He just sat there, giving weird looks to the doctor when he used the stethoscope and allowing himself to be poked and prodded. I'm glad he's so patient with everything!

At his appointment, the doctor told us Joshua can eat almost anything that we eat, with the exception of things like cow's milk, citrus fruits, honey, and a few other things. This opens up a whole new world of opportunities! We went to dinner at Tucano's on Friday night (had a coupon due to Cody's birthday) and gave Joshua bites of almost everything, from bananas to cottage cheese to beans to pao de queijo...he has yet to absolutely refuse any food, so I guess that's good!

We went to the BYU-Wyoming football game on Saturday--the tickets were Cody's birthday present from me. It looked like it might rain, so we brought jackets just in case, but it ended up being hot and sunny...we have the sunburns to prove it (even Joshua! I'm a terrible mother for not bringing sunscreen--at least Joshua hasn't seemed to mind it at all). But the game was super fun! We shut out yet another team, and are now 4-0 and #11 in the polls! Go BYU! Here are a couple of pictures of Joshua from the game...we forgot to bring a hat, so I detached the hood from my jacket and we put it over Joshua's head to keep him from getting a sunburn. It worked well (until he pulled it off, of course):
Cody was so sweet to carry Joshua around in the Baby Bjorn almost all day...I had the diaper bag, which probably weighs almost as much as Joshua does, so we shared the load =). Whew, I think we're fully current now! Thanks for checking in!

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

You're not a terrible mom for forgetting the sunscreen! Don't beat yourself up! Kids will be sunburned at some point in their lives...you're a great mom from what I can see! Happy Birthday Cody!

Anonymous said...

I love the improv hat. So cute :) What a cute little guy!

Melanie said...

I didn't know you had a blog!! I will have to add you!!

kari said...

Yay, for the Birthday boy and his son! They are one cute duo, don't ya think? It's cool to buy tickets to a game and then win!!! Yay for Tucanos, also....I like that place!