Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dexter Law

Cody decided late Saturday night to send his resume to a random law firm (he really needs an internship to complete his degree). The firm he chose was Dexter and Dexter, which is right here in Orem. Well, one of the Dexters (I believe they're brothers) called Cody Monday morning, they met on Tuesday, and he offered Cody an internship right there. Yay! It's unpaid, but will be great for his resume. The hard part is Cody has to put in 150 hours before the end of this semester, which means he needs to work about 15 hours a week.

So...we've been scrambling like mad, trying to figure out what kind of childcare situation we want--and can afford--for Joshua. We toured a daycare place but decided the pre-school setup was a little too advanced for Joshua, and his speech delay wouldn't get the attention that it needs in that setting. My sister Kirsti has been so sweet to offer a few hours on Fridays, and our neighbor Sarah may be able to do Mondays. I met with a few women this morning, and I think we've found someone to watch Joshua on the other days. So hooray, problem solved (almost--just need to work out a few details)!

Cody starts tomorrow. He's nervous, I can tell, but also excited to get a chance to work for such a versatile firm. Hopefully it'll give him great experience that will then land him a great job offer this summer!

7 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Hooray for Cody! And hooray for you getting a sitter for Joshua. (((HUGS)))

Amy said...

Hooray for Cody! I hope the child care situation work out.

Svedi Pie said...

When I saw the title Dexter Law I briefly wondered if you all had started watching Dexter (an HBO or Showtime show), but this is so much better! Congrats to Cody and it's so great you've got most of the child-care worked out! Good news and good luck to Cody!

The Hulls said...

That is awesome for Cody. I hope the childcare works out for both you and Joshua. Sweet kiddo...

Writing Group Blog said...

Yipee! Congratulations! That's wonderful and I'm glad everything is working out child care wise. You guys deserve it!

kari said...

Cody the Conquering Hero! Hope it goes well, and that you get tons of awesome experience, Cody. So glad you could find a caring home for our little Joshua....wish I could do it.

Brianne said...

I hope that things are going well there! =)