Thursday, January 28, 2010

Silly bathmat!

A lot of people have already heard this story, but I had to document it here too. I injured myself! It's kind of embarrassing, but the truth is, I slipped in the shower. We have a bathmat that doesn't really stick that well to the floor of the bathtub, and it totally went out from under me on Tuesday night. I have a wicked-looking purpley bruise on my tailbone and a bluish one on my left arm. I would post pictures, but...yeah, not exactly an ideal area to display publicly. I'm much better today than yesterday, no need for ibuprofen, so that's good. It's just hard to keep Joshua from touching me near there, because it's super sensitive...

Side note: Joshua said "car" tonight! It sounded more like "gawah", but I knew what he was trying to say. And he mimicked a few consonants, which is huge for him. He really is making progress! =)

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

YOU POOR THING!!! I totally know what you're going through - remember when I fell down while walking into my daughter's school? My knee was SO swollen for 2 weeks! Be sure and take it easy. I know what it's like to be heavyset and to fall down - you need to take extra care of your body. Love you! (((HUGS)))

kari said...

Here's hoping your recovery continues without any glitches! Your report makes me remember all of my "graceful" accidents....after all, 'It's hard NOT to be graceful~!' (family joke) Meanwhile, good job Joshua~ We are super excited to hear all his new words in April! Keep up the great work. :) Love and hugs.

Mickelle said...

Ok, no comment on the injury... reading stuff like this always makes me worry my turn is next...