Monday, October 20, 2008

10 months old!

Joshua turned 10 months old on Saturday...I can't even believe that we're in the double digits already. Only two short months until he's a year! Time passes so quickly. He still brings us as much joy as ever, of course, and every new day is a blessing. I'm so grateful to be his mom. I don't get as much time with him as I would like, but the sacrifice is worth it to make sure he has food, clothing, and a roof over his head. We've been blessed that friends and family have given us old toys and things that he loves, so we haven't had to buy much in that department! We don't get a lot of family time anymore, seeing as how Cody is working at Target some evenings, but that only means that the time we do get together is precious. We just love being a family and seeing our son grow up and learn things about the world around him!

Like I said before, Cody is now working evenings at Target (about 20-30 hours a week--seasonal employment), so that will bring in some much-needed income as we struggle to meet all of our expenses. Still waiting to hear about the appeal, but we're hoping he'll be taking classes next semester and on his way to that degree. I'm still working my two jobs, and while I miss seeing my husband every evening, I'm loving the one-on-one time with Joshua. It's kind of a preview of what it will be like to be a stay-at-home mom, I think. I can see how it could get boring, but the only time I'm really bored is after Joshua's in bed, and as long as I have some transcription work to do, that helps the time pass by more quickly.

It's getting colder and darker as winter approaches...this morning it seemed a lot darker than usual, and Joshua had a hard time opening his eyes when we turned the lights on--it was too bright! We did get some winter clothes for him, so hopefully he'll be toasty-warm once the snows arrive. I'm excited to see him play in the snow soon...

Anyway, that's pretty much what's going on with us right now. We're just plugging along, doing all that we can, and praying that the Lord blesses us according to our efforts. We appreciate everyone's well-wishes and prayers in our behalf, and please know that, while we may not always remember to pray for you by name, you are still loved and we hope that you feel the love the Lord has for you as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's such a little man now! It's darling. And so happy that Cody can bring in some extra money now!!