Monday, October 13, 2008

Life goes on...

Things have been crazy at work the last few weeks...I was in charge of a banquet for all of the alumni of BYU Chemical Engineering, and as you can imagine, I had a lot to do to get ready for it. Well, it was last Friday, so I'm now free! Yay! And now I can get back to posting pictures of our adorable son =) For starters, here is Joshua sitting by his daddy, who was trying to nail the cable cord around the door frame so it wasn't running across the floor and inviting Joshua to play with it. Joshua seemed very interested in what his daddy was doing. I'm sure he'll be a great helper around the house when he gets older: Here is one of the rare times when I let Joshua play with my cell phone. He loves cell phones, of course, because Mommy and Daddy use them all the time so they MUST be fun to play with: Doesn't he look all grown up in a hoodie and jeans? We can't leave him in a onesie anymore due to the recent cold spell around here...:
Here is a picture from the banquet...Joshua had ripped off my nametag, so Cody thought it would be funny to put it on Joshua's head:
And then he wrote "Product of" on the nametag as well...yeah, Cody is quite silly sometimes:
Just as an update, Joshua is now VERY adept at crawling and crawls all over the place, eats at least two solid meals a day (we're trying to incorporate a third), pulls himself up on everything and can even stand alone for about 5 seconds before toppling over, has four teeth and is working on a couple more, and babbles constantly. He sometimes says "Mum mum mum" when he wants me to pick him up, which of course I take to mean he knows my name. My little baby is growing up so fast! He'll be 10 months old on Saturday...

Now that the banquet is over, I'm ready to start planning things for the ACERC Annual Conference, which will be in February. I'm still busy busy busy, working both my day job and doing transcription, and I still definitely wish that I could be home with Joshua. Cody starts his new job with Target tomorrow night, though, so I'll no longer be the sole breadwinner, which I'm very excited about. Everybody please keep Cody in your prayers--he's in the process of appealing to get financial aid so he can take classes next semester, and we're hoping it goes through so he can be on his way to getting that degree. Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

Glad y'all are doing so well! Can you believe our babies are almost 10 months old!??? Where did the time go! Hope the Financial Aid goes well, i'll be praying for y'all. Tell him to stay calm in the appeals room, and I bet they'll let him appeal it. I worked in FinAid in college :)

Anonymous said...

Cute cute cute! I love the product of Carina Alleman :). That's so great! Good luck on getting those appeals. I'm sure that they'll come through - all these things take time (blah!) but it will work out for the best :D

Jess/Nate&Family said...

It's so good to see that your so fun with your little boy! i love it! Isn't being a mom awesome! Yea for moms! Good to see everything is going great for you.
Jess

kari said...

cute, cuTE, CUTE Pictures of my youngest grandson! He really is a sweet little guy. We are praying for Cody's appeal as well, and keep you all in our prayers always. We can't wait to see you soon!

Love you. ~Mom

Mamapierce said...

Fun post! I love the pictures! And your blog background is so autumny, I love it! :o)

Mickelle said...

Gah! Product of Carina! I love it. Sounds like something Scott would have done, too.