Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

So, I've never really been one of those people that goes all out for Halloween...but I was extra-excited this year. Why? Because of Joshua, of course! Holidays seem so much more fun and special when children are involved. We originally weren't going to dress Joshua up, but we saw costumes on sale at Walmart and decided it was worth it for the pictures. I know many are anxious to see them, so I won't leave you hanging. But first of all, check out our jack-o-lanters (ten points to whoever can guess Cody's):
And here is our little lion! Isn't he adorable?
And this last one--instead of putting the candy, Joshua put the wrapper in his mouth. This is me trying to fish it out:
Oh, and funny story: Joshua and I sat outside on the front porch to wait for trick-or-treaters, and I let Joshua crawl around a little. As a woman and her costumed son were approaching our driveway, I heard the woman say, "That's not real! Oh, wait...that's a baby!" Apparently she saw Joshua crawling around and thought he was a toy! I guess his crawling just looked too methodical or something? But I assured her he is quite real and she said he looked very cute. We got a lot of comments on his costume. Don't you think he makes quite the darling little lion cub? =)

4 comments:

Brianne said...

OH MY GOODNESS he is adorable!!! i love my nephew! hehehe i just showed two of my roommates. i love it! =)

Anonymous said...

adorable! I love the little lion cub! I hope you all had fun! :) and nice carvings! They turned out great! :)

Amy said...

So cute. I love the little lion costume. Madelyn was a giraffe. It looks like animals are a popular choice for babies.

kari said...

A toy, eh? Well, he definitely is the right size, but........nah! He's a cute little lion cub! What a darling little guy. I'm glad you had such fun! Nice jackolanterns, esp Cody's transformer. :) You two are very creative!

Love you all.