Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tagged yet again!

Well, I've been tagged again...my good friend Amy in Riverside, CA tagged me in this game of photo tag. It works like this:
1. Go to your pictures file on your computer
2. Go to the 4th file
3. Go to the 4th picture
4. Post the picture and tell the story behind it
5. Tag 4 more people

Okay, here's my picture (I cheated, though--I'm on my work computer, and the fourth file on my computer is from the engineering career fair in 2006. Not very interesting. I do have a file that has all of my pictures in it, though, so I first went to that one, then to the fourth file in that file, and then the fourth picture...you get the idea):
This, obviously, is me and Cody. It was taken at Wendy and Paul Weitzel's wedding reception in...American Fork, I think...on May 6, 2006. At this point, we had known each other for just over six months and had been officially dating again for about a month (for those who don't know, we had a period of non-dating for about two months early in 2006). There's not much background to this picture, to be honest. Wendy and Paul are our good friends, and it was awesome to have been a part of their special day. This day is special to us, though, too...it was after we went home from this reception that we started seriously thinking about our own relationship and if marriage was in our future. That night, we decided to fast and pray about it (how convenient that the next day was Fast Sunday!) and the answer came: Go for it! We didn't officially get engaged until over a month later (it took the ring awhile to get ready, Cody wanted to ask my dad, etc.), but I guess you could say we technically got engaged the day after this picture was taken--or at least that we knew we wanted to marry each other within 24 hours of this picture. And that's that story =)

I now tag: Shara, Mickelle, Tiffany, and Melanie! And anybody else that is interested (hey, I already cheated once, so I might as well do it again =P)!

1 comment:

Writing Group Blog said...

Yay! That was a great day for everybody.