Friday, November 7, 2008

Two steps...

So, I've been thinking all week about posting about the results of the election and my reaction to it, about Prop 8 and all the mess that's happened in California since Tuesday...but I don't feel like I have the energy anymore. I'm tired of defending myself, tired of being called names, tired of feeling like I need some justification for being true to my beliefs. So I'm just going to ignore all of that and focus on something much more exciting:

Joshua took two steps last night!

I was sitting on the couch and Cody was kneeling on the floor a few steps away, and I steadied Joshua (he can stand on his own for a little bit), and he took two steps forward and fell into Cody's arms. They were very unsteady steps, of course, but they were still steps. We tried to get him to do it again back and forth between us, but he seemed to get tired of it. I know he's not going to take off running quite yet, but it's still so amazing to see him finally walk on his own! We're going to keep working with him to help him develop this new talent (it really is a talent to balance on two feet--ever thought about it that way?), and maybe he'll be walking around the house by his birthday next month.

Thanks for letting me share! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I agree with you about the first half of your post. I haven't put anything either, and for the same reasons as you. Glad someone else feels the same way. (I had a friend ask me to delete her as a friend on facebook because of my yes vote...so sad!!)

Anyways, it's so fun when they start to walk. Super cute! Have fun teaching him!! He's a cutie!

Mamapierce said...

I love your blog background - so cute!

Congrats on your little guy walking! How fun! Now you'll really have to baby-proof the house!

Mickelle said...

Carina, that's so exciting! Betsy started crawling last Wednesday -- really crawling. And, oh, how it turns your world on its ear.

...I know what you mean about being tired of the gunk that comes with politics. I'm feeling so much the same way.

Anonymous said...

Yay! You have a walker! My friends baby who was born a week after Joshua started walking and her new favorite toy is the cupboards and her new favorite activity is walking down the hall to flush the toilet! Just a few things you'll get to enjoy too :)

Unknown said...

Carina and Cody:

FYI - Delbert is hosting the annual family party at his house again this year. I don't think he has your email nor your home address(which would still be, 303 E. 1090 N. Orem, Utah, 84057?) In case I want to send Joshua a Birthday gift to where he is currently living.

The party will be Sat., Dec. 20th, at 274 S. 1st W. Spanish Fork at 2:00 P.M. - No Gifts - Try to make it for a little while at least. Everyone will be glad to se Joshua. Besides Cody has not had his dose of Drew grief for a long long time and he's way overdue. No wonder Cody is tired, he can't sleep if he's playing peek a boo with Joshua.

Grandma Loves you. Bye