Thursday, May 20, 2010

"Age Appropriate"

Because it has been six months since Joshua's first evaluation with Kids on the Move, he was again evaluated on Monday night to see how he measures now with his speech development. Well, come to find out, he's now considered "age appropriate," and they are going to exit him from the program! I was so surprised. I mean, I know he's been improving, but I had no idea he'd progressed that far.

I'm so proud of my (big) little guy. Joshua has come so far in the last few months, from grunting and saying only a handful of words to now having a vocabulary of over 50--maybe even 100. I haven't counted in awhile. He's saying 2 and 3-word phrases, too, like "Mommy, fall down!" when one of his cars "falls" off the couch (meaning he knocked it off). And he repeats words, which is incredible to me.

I'm not sure he's quite at the level of some other 2.5-year-olds we know, but he's getting there. And considering where we were six months ago, it's a miracle. I guess we'll never know if it was because of the services with KOTM or if he simply blossomed on his own, but whatever it was, we are very grateful and consider ourselves blessed. Hopefully the improvement continues throughout the next six months! We're so proud of you, Joshua!

6 comments:

Svedi Pie said...

That's so wonderful! Go Joshua - he is such a cutie!

Writing Group Blog said...

That is fantastic news! Kids develop at their own pace. Joshua is lucky to have such great parents who love him so much.

Mamapierce said...

Hooray for Joshua! :)

kari said...

I'm proud of our little guy! He's doing fantastic. And his parents are doing a great job. Nice work All of the Allemans!

Brianne said...

Yay Joshua! Your son is so smart =) I hope he does continue to improve!

Mickelle said...

Aw, I'm not surprised! How wonderful.