Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mommy's Day

Today was my third official Mother's Day as an actual mother--fourth, if you count the one when I was pregnant. But nobody other than me and Cody knew then (we actually found out I was pregnant the day before Mother's Day 2007, but didn't tell anyone until after my first doctor appointment), so I don't really count it. Anyway, it was a decent day...kind of lonely, honestly--Cody had to sleep because he's working tonight--but at least I got to enjoy Joshua. And after all, he's the reason I am a mother!

I would write a big ol' sappy post about how grateful I am for my own mother and how much I love my son and all that, but it's late and I'm tired. I really am grateful for my mom and all she has done for me--becoming a mother myself has only increased my appreciation for her. And of course, I am infinitely grateful and honored to be Joshua's mama. He brings me so much joy. He's growing so fast--literally, too--and I'm amazed at how far he's come in the past 2+ years.

And now, a few photos. First up, Joshua created a piece of art this morning on our bed as Cody and I got ready for church. Seems like he just scrounged around my side of the bed and arranged some random things together. In case you can't tell what the items are (sorry it's blurry--cell phone pictures aren't always the greatest), there are two swim diapers (from last summer...not sure why they were under our bed), a couple of candles, some bobby pins, earrings from my nightstand, and my birth control pills. Yeah. Kid's gonna be an artist someday, don't you think?
He is so proud of his creation. Just look at that satisfied look on his face.This one is from a couple weeks ago. He rarely falls asleep anywhere but his own bed these days, so I just love it when he falls asleep in the car or somewhere because he's just so peaceful looking. This was after a long afternoon at Aunt Kirsti's. What a cutie.Happy Mother's Day to all you women out there! =)

6 comments:

kari said...

I'm thankful for you too, Carina. You were a pleasure to raise in our family--your biggest stress to us parents was how quickly you learned and your abject curiosity so young. It was hard to keep up! And now you are a mother yourself, doing a great job, I might add. Joshua is a sweetheart, and we're so glad he's in your life. Did he get another haircut? Handsome!

Brianne said...

It looks like he created a couple of cars, don't you think? With the candles as wheels? Super cute =) I'm sorry Mother's Day was a bit lonely for you but I hope you had a good one anyway! I'm sure it was great to spend some time with Joshua =)

Mamapierce said...

Happy Mother's Day to a beautiful mother! :D

Writing Group Blog said...

Happy mother's day to you, too! Such a cute little guy.

Karin said...

So fun that you found out about Joshua for Mother's Day! What a sweet experience & an awesome gift! His art is very creative!!!! Much love!

Tiffany J said...

I think its safe to say I've experienced ALL the different mother's days (the forgotten mothers day, the hurry quick lets do something mothers day, the planned out mothers day, the "all alone" mothers day, etc etc) So I understand the "lonely" one! Good thing you had your little man with you! Cheers to EVERY day we're mothers! Enjoy! Love ya!