Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Farewell, little Kia...

Anybody remember the oil change fiasco we had a year and a half ago? Well, ever since then, our little Kia has been sitting out in front of our house, gathering dust. I don't know why we let it go for so long, but we finally put it up on www.ksl.com on Sunday night. Less than 24 hours later, it's been sold! Hooray!

It was kinda weird to say goodbye to that car...it holds so many memories for me. First of all, it used to be my brother Dana's car, and I remember taking a road trip in that car, along with my brother Kendall, his wife Shelly, and my sister Kirsti, from San Francisco down the PCH. This was right after Dana's wedding. Then, while I was on my mission, my sister Kirsti and I decided to buy it from Dana, and we shared it for the 2005-2006 school year while we were roommates. Cody and I had a lot of dates in that car. We drove to the temple to get married in it, took our honeymoon in it, eventually brought Joshua home from the hospital in it...you get the idea.

But anyway, it's gone now, so we are moving on. Here's to you, little Kia Sephia!!!

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

We sold our honda right before moving to FL. We'd had that almost 9 years - we bought it right before we were married. It's a funny thing how you can become attached to cars, isn't it?

Svedi Pie said...

I know what you mean about some things becoming sentimental just because of experiences. Craig and I feel that way about lots of places in Provo, even though by the end of Craig was really not liking UT - but we still feel a tender about many things about it. :D

Anyways, it's good you were able to get a little something for it!

kari said...

I think your dad STILL feels that way about his little orange Pinto....

Brianne said...

Mom - I bet you're right.

First thought: "Farewell, Aragog...Your body will decay, but your spirit lingers on..." But you have to say it like Slughorn does. Hehe

Second thought: Way to focus on the good memories of the Kia...as I don't really have any tender memories with it myself, all I can think about is how it was the car that put us in Vegas for two days almost two years ago =P But way to think positively! You're a happier person than I am. Haha