Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Scuff Mark Bug

A recent text conversation with my sister Brianne (she was watching Joshua at her apartment while Cody had a job interview):

Brianne: Joshua just had a mini freak out… He thought there was a bug on my kitchen floor when really it’s just a scuff mark from shoes, of which there are many on my floor. He was hiding in a corner and wanted me to kill it, and he wouldn’t believe me that it wasn’t a bug…he finally left the kitchen but he keeps talking about it =P

Carina: Hahaha…wow. Where did this fear come from? Silly kid!

B: He was telling me to get a shoe, so I did, and I kept hitting the spot where he pointed it out (there was nothing there, but he wouldn’t go near it)… Eventually I had to switch back and forth between “there’s no bug” and “it’s gone, I killed it” to get him to leave the kitchen =P

C: Hehehehe…oh, wow. I sure do love that kid =P

B: What a silly pants.

C: Quite. I thought little boys were supposed to love bugs.

B: Yeah, I dunno. He was occasionally shrieking , and started to cry when I left the room to get the shoe he wanted… Heaven forbid I leave him alone in the room with a scuff mark bug… =P

C: Ahahaha…I shouldn’t laugh at my son’s fears, but wow…haha

B: Hahaha well the spot was kinda big ish, so that could have contributed to his fear. Has he ever shown fear or anything like that before? Or do you or Cody do so around him? =P

C: He is currently afraid of ants…wouldn’t even walk on our front lawn on Saturday, even though I didn’t see any ants around. We don’t get bugs much around here, so it seems to have come out of nowhere…

B: Interesting. Perhaps he saw Arachnophobia on tv. =P

Just a brief glimpse into the current life and fears of Joshua Logan Alleman.

6 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I had a purse with black feathers on the rim. Some of the feathers would fall off and onto the floor. Anna would FREAK OUT when she saw the feather, saying that it was a spider. Poor girl.

Here is a video of Anna being scared of bugs, it is SO sad and makes me want to cry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-hxwVuFXGI

Carina said...

Awww..wow, Jill, that video almost breaks my heart :( Poor thing. Joshua's kinda similar, but without the screaming. Maybe that will come later. Right now it's more "Ants! Mommy, ants!" and running and burying his face in my leg. 9 times out of 10, there are no ants to be seen anywhere.

Svedi Pie said...

That is so so cute and so sad at the same time. I can just picture it - poor little guy. I love that you shared this :)

Brianne said...

Poor silly scaredy-cat boy. But we love him anyway =)

kari said...

Anxiety.........I hate it! It makes me nervous. ~Mom

Brianne said...

Jill, that video of Anna is so sad! =( I hope she's at least gotten over some of that...