Friday, July 16, 2010

It's Friday

My apologies about being sporadic with the blog posting lately. A few things going on in our lives right now:

Cody has his LAST CLASS/FINAL for his AS degree tomorrow morning! He is so ready to be done and we're excited to have our Saturdays back (he's had a Saturday class every semester since last August). He's had a few interviews here and there, but no job offers yet. We're praying something comes soon.

I actually just finished a round of interviews with my job--I needed to hire two new afternoon assistants. There were so many good applicants! I had a hard time narrowing it down, but finally made a decision, and both of them will start in the next couple of weeks. I wish we didn't have to let student employees go once they graduate. I'm enjoying my job, and I'm glad that it pays (some of) the bills.

Joshua is talking more and more, and it thrills us to no end. Some of his favorite phrases these days are: "Are you ready to race?" (imagine a high voice going even higher toward the end of the sentence), "I think it's funny," and "I did it!" Oh, and "Thank you, thank you" as he bows to the right and to the left. He sings along with us to his favorite songs, such as ABCs, Teach Me to Walk in the Light (ah walk-a light), I am a Child of God (chy-da God), and I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus (wike Jesus). He loves to help clean up--when he wants to--and is becoming more aware of bodily functions...I think potty training might be coming up sooner than we think. He gets a kick out of nursery and spending time with his aunties, and he loves having daddy home during the day for the time being. I can't believe he's growing up so fast.

I hope to post pictures/videos soon. Hope you and your family are happy!

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

So nice to hear from you. I love that you spelled out the way that Joshua is saying words - try to catch them on video, too. I wish you lived nearby so we could hang out.

Brianne said...

You know...I read on yahoo that the national average wait time for finding a job is now up to about 8 months =( I hope it's sooner than that for you!! I don't mean to depress you, though...sorry if I did...

Yay Cody! Yay for being done with hiring! And yay Joshua! Haha I haven't seen him do the "thank you, thank you" thing, is that inspired by Sebastian the crab?

kari said...

:) You and your men are doing great things! Carry on. We pray Cody lands a job soon. Much love and hugs. Tell Joshua to save a few bows for his grandparents......