Monday, July 26, 2010

Going Private...

So, a couple of changes are happening on the Alleman blog. First of all, you may have noticed I changed the background. Not necessarily my choice--I just went to my blog this morning and the background was blank. I think the one I was using expired or something, not sure. I like this background better anyway because it reminds me of California and Brazil, two things which have been on my mind a lot lately. I hope you like it :)

Secondly, I've been debating making this blog private for awhile now...especially since I get at least one random comment in Chinese for every post I make (and always from different people, not people I know, and they're often somewhat judgmental in tone), and it's really starting to get on my nerves. I don't like the idea of random people reading about my family, so we're going private. I'll invite everyone that I know normally reads this blog, but there may be some of you who read but don't comment. If you want to be invited, please either leave a comment or send me an email. Thanks for understanding--hopefully this doesn't deter anyone from reading about us in the future!

Note: Unless you are family or you and I email regularly, assume that I do not have your email address and thus cannot invite you. You can either email me (carinamenina at gmail) or leave a comment with your email address in it (I won't publish it so as to protect your privacy). Thank you!

8 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Random Chinese people?? Bwa-ha-ha-ha! That is crazy! It's not me, I promise! Love you!

Carina said...

Jill - I know! So random, and always with a ton of ellipses at the end of the comment. Example: 一棵樹除非在春天開了花,否則難望在秋天結果。.................................

I have a few friends that speak Chinese, but they know I don't so I've never suspected anyone. It's all good; hopefully going private will stop them!

Destiney said...

I love reading about how your family is doing! :) Hope I can continue to do so! Destiney

Brianne said...

Wait, wait, wait...you can read Chinese? Well enough to read the judgmental tone these random people are writing in? Wow. You've been keeping secrets from me. I'm seriously impressed.

Also, I love the new background (I kinda want to steal it but that's being unoriginal =P)...and I hope you'll continue to let me read it. I am your sister, after all...but does that count for anything? haha

Rebecca said...

I love your blog! So sorry you have been getting crazy comments like that.

Svedi Pie said...

Carina - you're right about those Chinese comments - I get them too and they're just spam to send you to bad websites. I don't blame you for wanting to go private. Make sure I'm added :)

Ivy Alleman said...

carina i get those same comments all the time and it worried me a bit for a while. i looked into it and come to find out that they are spam and if you click on the ".........................." at the end it can send a virus to your computer.

Be sure to send me an invite...

I am considering going private as well...

kari said...

Can I see your blog? Sorry abt the complications....

Love you. Put me on the list, please, and keep em coming!

~Mom