Sunday, August 15, 2010

A picture is worth...well, a lot!

It's been awhile since I posted pictures, and since I finally found the cord to download pictures off our camera, I'm taking advantage. First off is Joshua reclining on the couch, drinking out of his sippy cup (which he had to put in a red plastic cup for some reason...):
Our ward Pioneer Day celebration included face painting, so Joshua got a sun and a dinosaur on his face, as well as some chocolate from the cookies, of course.
We were fortunate to be able to drive down to Hurricane, Utah for the funeral of Michael J. Ferrin, the father of my sister-in-law, Shelly. It was a very tender experience, and we are grateful we could be there to support him. Here are most of us at the luncheon following the funeral. L-R are Joshua, my dad, my brother Kendall, my sister Brianne, Kendall's wife Shelly, their daughter Audrey, my mom, and Cody. I'm taking the picture, of course.Joshua loved the rolls.Probably one of my new favorite pictures of me and Joshua:My mom with her youngest granddaughter, Kaitlyn:
Kaitlyn again. Grandma was having fun feeding her carrots:Kaitlyn snuggled up to Cody so willingly! It was adorable. She just laid into his shoulder, smearing her carroty-face all over his white shirt, and it seems Cody loved it. I can't wait to see him holding our daughter someday (and no, that's not an announcement...):The finale to our quick trip to southern Utah was a traumatic crash into a children's kitchen set at the Ferrins' after the funeral, resulting in a nasty cut across the eyebrow and black eye for our little guy:A little blurry but you can see the lovely shade of purple on his eyelid:Don't worry, though, he's okay. He's actually been in really good spirits and enjoys mentioning that he has an owie and wears a "ban-aid." I'm just glad it wasn't anything more serious.

That's it for pictures for now. We really should be better about them, but you know how it is! Love you all!

3 comments:

kari said...

It was a whirlwind trip, and we're sad Joshua got hurt, but it was a wonderful, tender experience. We are so proud of the Ferrin children, Shelly's siblings, who presented a beautiful, loving program for their dad. It was an honor to attend.

Mamapierce said...

Poor Joshua! I hope he heals quickly.

Brianne said...

It was a good trip, in spite of the reason for it...I'm glad we got to see Kendall and family.