Monday, August 9, 2010

Life: just the blink of an eye

I am so saddened to hear of the passing of Michael Ferrin, my sister-in-law Shelly's dad, this morning. As far as I know, it was a heart attack in his sleep--very sudden and very out of the blue. My heart is aching right now to think that some members of my family are hurting so very much. I know that my little nephew and nieces loved their grandpa, and I can only imagine the pain that Shelly is feeling. She's my age, and her father was about the same age as mine...I guess that's what is bringing this home for me. Life is so fragile, you know? It can seem so long while we're living it, but in the eternal scheme of things, it passes by so quickly. I'm so glad that we know about our Heavenly Father's plan for us. This is not the end of everything. You will see him again, all thanks to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Our prayers and thoughts are with you, Shelly, Kendall, Damon, Audrey, Kaitlyn, and the rest of the family we know and love, especially Carolyn (his wife), and their children, Liz, Mike, Becky, and Lindsey. We love you and pray that you will find comfort in the Spirit of our Lord at this very trying time.

3 comments:

Svedi Pie said...

You thoughts are tender and kind - it reminds me of the scripture that we mourn with those that mourn. Death is such a hard thing to experience, but the comfort from family and friends can be beautiful.

kari said...

You said it all, Carina.

Mamapierce said...

It's so true. When I lost my stepdad, it was sudden and unexpected. My whole world collapsed! Thank goodness for the gospel.