Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm 29!

My birthday was last week...the big 2-9. Kinda weird that I've only got a year left in my 20s. It was a pretty quiet day, as my birthdays usually are. We didn't have any big plans since usually those type of plans involve some sort of restaurant trip (usually Tucanos...I miss that place!) and I can't really do that anymore, at least not for awhile.

But it was a good day. I felt well-celebrated by the end of it. Joshua enthusiastically told me, "Happy Birthday, Mommy!" as he handed me his Easter basket, which contained several open plastic eggs (with no candy inside, as he'd already eaten it all) and a half-empty jar of peanut butter. Best present ever. And Cody got me a few things--the Hunger Games trilogy (I'd only read the first one and am now half-way through the second), Harry Potter 7 pt 1 on DVD, and a "coupon" to go to a spa and get whatever pampering I want. I feel like I need some pampering, especially considering all that I've been through this year, so I'll probably go get a pedicure and something else, not quite sure what yet. I have to wait for my toenails to grow out a bit first, though. I can't really have cake, but I do love carrot cake so Cody got just a slice from the store, and we all shared it (I only had a few bites). Here's a video of the birthday singing:



Oh, and I got my hair highlighted on Saturday. I wish I had time to straighten it like this every day, but at least it looked good until I had to wash it again!

No comments: