Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Is there a new job in my future?

Awhile back, I blogged about how I got a new job due to the hiring freeze at BYU. I've been in this new job for a little over two years now. Well, the freeze ended in December, and since then my future status as a BYU employee has been uncertain. The job I had before in ACERC has been eliminated, so there's no job for me to return to there, and now the university is requiring my current position to be posted, so that the general public has the opportunity of applying and interviewing for it. The job hasn't been posted yet, but it will be soon, or so I'm told.

Of course, I have been informed I am welcome to apply for the position, but I have no guarantees that I'll keep it (though I would like to think that, being fully trained for it and everything, that would be a huge plus in my favor). After a lot of thought and prayer, I decided that, in addition to applying for my current job, I would see what else is available across campus and apply for those jobs as well. Maybe this could be an opportunity to make myself more marketable or even get a higher salary. There aren't a ton of jobs posted on BYU's job website, but a couple weeks ago there were three positions posted for which I feel well-qualified, so I went ahead and submitted my résumé for all three.

So far, I've had two interviews for one of the jobs (second interview was yesterday and I should hear back soon), and I have an interview set up for the other two as well--one tomorrow and another next Tuesday. That means I'm 3 for 3, at least when it comes to scoring an interview. Not too shabby, eh? =) Though it would definitely be easier to stay in my current job, I am excited about the possibility of a new place and new responsibilities. We'll just see if any of these interviews actually lands me an offer of employment.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Writing Group Blog said...

Good luck! I can't think of anyone more qualified.

Svedi Pie said...

Good Luck!!! I'm sure you'll hear good things soon - keep us posted :D