Friday, May 27, 2011

BIG news...

Well, things have happened so fast that I'm not sure what to think--but yes, I have been offered a new job and will be moving to a different department at BYU, with me training there part-time as early as next week! I will be the Department Secretary for the Department of Political Science. It sounds similar to my current job, but there are many new responsibilities I will learn that will make me more marketable, and I will also receive a significant pay raise. I am super excited.

Of course, I will miss all my friends in the School of Technology and in the rest of the college, with whom I have worked for the past almost five years, but I'm so grateful for this opportunity and am looking forward to getting to know new people and experiencing new challenges. And it's also great to know that my position with the university will be permanent and secure, something that I have not yet experienced as a full-time employee there (my original position was based on research funds and was therefore always in jeopardy, and my current SoT position has been uncertain for the past two years due to the hiring freeze). I really feel blessed.

Oh, and just in case anyone was wondering, yes, I took the blog off private for the time being--so if you want notifications in Google Reader that I posted, then you may need to delete this blog and re-add it. Thanks for reading! :)

10 comments:

Steve said...

Great gig. I have lots of friends over there. Is Lizzy leaving?

StrawberryMel said...

Great news Carina!! Good luck in your new adventure!

Writing Group Blog said...

Yay! This is GREAT news! Way to go! Good to know they're not crazy in the PoliSci department.

Sarah... said...

That is awesome!!! So happy for you :)

P.S. I loved reading the Famous Quotes By Joshua. HaHa! He cracks me up.

Mamapierce said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear more! :D

Brianne said...

Yay! You got the job! =) I already knew that. But still, yay! I'm sure it'll be awesome. I'm excited for you.

Svedi Pie said...

Congrats!! That is very exciting and you've worked hard for it - so good to hear!

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

HI THERE!!! I wondered wher you disappeared to, I was sad I didn't get to keep up with Haley's birthday buddy anymore! I just read a quick update of your life and I'm so glad you guys are doing so well. I am a HORRRRRRIIIIIBBBBLLLE blogger now that Mackensy is here, but I do like to read. Anyway, I would love to keep up with you, I hope you are doing well. I don't know if you are on facebook but i'll try and find you :) Take care and congrats on the new job!

The Allemans said...

Thanks, everyone! Yes, Steve, Lizzy is finally leaving...and everyone is sad. She's been there like four years and I have some very large shoes to fill (that's saying something from someone who wears a size 12).

I really appreciate all your words of support and encouragement! Love you all!!!!

Tiffany J said...

Congratulations!!

PS I'm glad you "un-privated" (is that a word LOL) so that I can post comments! I don't think I got in on the private invite list :o)