Friday, May 2, 2008

Joshua's moving out...

Moving out of our bedroom, that is! Joshua slept in his crib for the first time last night (he's been in a bassinet by our bed since birth). I kept telling myself that I would wait to move him until he was sleeping through the night so I didn't have to get out of bed so much to go feed him, but for some reason last night I decided to go for it. And he only woke up once! It took awhile for him to fall asleep originally, but I left the mobile on and had a fan going for white noise, and he finally fell asleep on his own. It was so weird to not have to talk really quietly as Cody and I prayed together and read our scriptures. I plan to keep putting him in his crib from now on, so we'll see how this weekend goes. I really think he was getting too big for the bassinet, plus he's trying to learn how to roll over and there isn't any room in the bassinet for that. The crib has much more space. =) Anyway, just thought I'd share. He's growing up so fast, it's almost hard to believe. Before we know it, he'll be moving around on his own...am I ready for that? We need to childproof our house! His smile gets more and more infectious every day, and we even got him to laugh again last night. I'll try to take some pictures of him this weekend and post them.

It's starting to get rough these days, since I no longer bring Joshua to work with me. Now, he stays home with his daddy all day, and then I watch Joshua when I get home while Cody gets some sleep before working the night shift. We don't get much family time anymore, sad to say. We're hoping Cody can find a day job soon so that I can stay home with Joshua, and then we can have more time together. It's hard for me because I only get to see Joshua for a few hours every day (I get home at 5 and he's usually in bed by 8:30 or 9), and he's usually really cranky during those hours because he doesn't seem to like to nap anymore. And poor Cody only gets three hours of sleep before watching him all day, then another 3 or 4 at night before heading back to work again. If only Joshua would nap more during the day so his daddy could get some more sleep! Won't someone be kind and hire Cody for $20 an hour so he can work normal hours and I can stay home? Anyway, I really don't mean to complain. I just needed to get everything off my chest. Life really is good, and we have a sweet little baby boy that we love very much. That makes everything else worth it. =)

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I remember the day that we moved Anna out of our room - she was 2 weeks old! She made so many sounds that it was difficult for me to sleep at all, so she moved to her own room. The transition was fairly easy, from what I remember. I'm sorry that you're not getting much family time together - that really stinks. I hope your schedule will change soon to alter that! :o) It's so fun hearing what you're up to on your blog - keep the updates coming!

kari said...

Whoa! That title gave me a start! I was thinking, but he's so young to leave home! (jk). Anyway, congratulations on his sleeping more independently! I do believe this situation is temporary for your family, and I have great faith that Cody will find work that will allow you to be the stay at home mother you are "called" and meant to be. We pray for that everyday. Hang in there!

Amy said...

Wow, What a big step! I think Madelyn is ready to move into her own room, but I don't know if I am ready. She has been sleeping through the night since she was seven weeks old, but it is comforting knowing that she is in the cradle right next to me. I am sorry that you don't have much time with your family. Hang in there--something will work out soon.