Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our little kitty?

As many people can relate, it's pretty difficult to keep a baby's fingernails trimmed. Joshua doesn't seem to like it much, so we try to do it when he's sleeping--but those nails grow so fast, it's hard to keep up! Plus, even when we do trim them, they still seem pretty sharp. In fact, last night he scratched me on my neck while I was rocking him before putting him to bed, and it hurt so badly I could barely finish singing his bedtime song! The past couple of days, Joshua has taken to scratching our couches, just like a cat. He seems intrigued by the plaid design, and I guess he can't help but reach out and try to grab something. I wonder if it almost seems 3D to him or something? Anyway, since they're pretty old couches, we haven't tried to stop him and instead took some pretty cute pictures of him going at it: I think you can see the scratch marks best, accompanied by the ever-present spots of drool, in the last picture. Silly kid. We really need to be better about trimming those nails...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In those last two pics it also looks like you shaved a tiny line in his hair. It looks so ghetto :) Love it! BTW Joshua is better than any kitten ;)

Carina said...

I promise we didn't! He just has this abrupt line in his hair that looks really pronounced from certain angles...he'll probably be battling that for most of his life, poor kid!