Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm 26!

Today is my birthday! And it's almost exactly 26 years ago that I was born...9:22am Pacific time, and it's 10:05 Mountain time, so yeah! I'm planning to take the afternoon off work so I can spend time with Joshua and let Cody get some sleep, and then Cody and I are going out to dinner while Shara and Brianne watch Joshua for us. It'll be fun! I can't believe I'm 26 already. Tomorrow will mark me being home from my mission for 3 years...which means I could have served 2 more missions in the time that I've been home. Crazy! Anyway, I never would have thought that I'd be married and have an adorable little baby by the time I was 26, but yeah. It's a great life, and I'm so very blessed to have a wonderful family of my own.

Just an update on things with Joshua--he seemed to have gone on a sleep strike last week, which culminated in him having one of the worst nights since he was a newborn on Friday night. He didn't go to sleep until after 11pm, and then woke up several times--he even was awake from 4:30 to about 6am, and then promptly woke up again around 8am. Silly kid. Anyway, Saturday night was another night of difficulty trying to get him to go to sleep, so we tried an experiment. We've been swaddling him since birth, because he wouldn't ever sleep very long without it. Well, we took him out of the swaddler, put him in a sleep sack, and decided to see how that went. He slept 5 1/2 hours straight! What joy! I know you probably don't understand how wonderful this is, but we are so very happy that he's finally sleeping longer stretches, and unswaddled at that. He's such a happy little baby (for the most part)...it's a privilege to be his mommy! =)

Oh, and for the record, it's now 10:25am, so I am officially 26 years old. Yay birthdays!

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Perhaps he just needs more room to move around?

Happy Birthday! :o)

Anonymous said...

Guess what! I still smell like baby ;) I hope he was happier for you last night. Ann Happy 3 Years! Wow!

kari said...

That little tyke...so fun. Sorry he's had a hard time sleeping. But I hope the "sleep book" from Shelly helps! I know you have tried practically everything! He's a sweet little boy, and we can't wait to see him in August!