Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Father's Day! (a little bit late)

What a wonderful privilege it was to celebrate Cody's very first Father's Day this past weekend! We had just come off a rather rough week...we learned that Cody didn't get the job that he had interviewed for, and Joshua had been giving us a hard time (we think he's teething). So, to distract ourselves, we all went to the Hogle Zoo in SLC on Saturday and topped it off with a trip to Leatherby's (since there is no longer one in Provo...). It was really fun. Sunday was a good day. We had the missionaries speak in Sacrament Meeting, and one of them was from Brazil! Luckily, he was still around after I finished playing the postlude so I got to talk with him for a little bit. He had only been in the field for about 6 weeks, but his English was great. He really appreciated the chance to speak in Portuguese with me, though. And of course, I loved the chance to speak with a native! I realized I'm a little out of practice, but I still pray in Portuguese, read the Liahona, and IM with friends from Brazil...so I hope I'll at least keep it for awhile longer. Cody was sweet enough to keep Joshua during Priesthood/RS, so I actually got to pay attention to the lesson...and Joshua was nice enough to sleep for Cody, so he got to pay attention as well! When we got home, Joshua and I showed Cody what we got him for Father's Day--two framed pictures of the one at the beginning of this blog post. One for work (once he gets a job) and one for home. I had taken Joshua to get professional portraits taken on Wednesday, and they printed out this picture so I could give it to Cody. The pictures are great--I'll try to post them on our website if I get the chance later today. We ordered several prints, so if we don't have enough for you, then just let me know which one you want and I'll try to get you a copy! Anyway, back to Father's Day. After looking at all the pictures and seeing how happy Cody was to see his son looking so cute, we took a family nap and woke up just in time for me to make dinner. I made grilled salmon with garlic and lemon pepper--my first time making salmon, and Cody simply raved about it. It was pretty good, I must say. Also on the menu were rice pilaf and asparagus, and we topped it off with an ice cream cake I had bought at Dairy Queen. It was a great day! Happy Father's Day to one of the best fathers ever...my husband. He's so wonderful with Joshua during the day, works the graveyard shift so we can meet all of our expenses, and treats me like a queen. I'm so grateful to be sealed to such a wonderful man. =)

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, Joshua is so adorable!!! I looked at your website and saw all the pictures. They turned out great. We will be in Utah July 3-11, I'd love to see you.

Mamapierce said...

That's great that you're keeping your portuguese up - good for you!!! Do you & Kendall ever talk in portuguese? Sometimes Heather & I speak in spanish and it's so fun!

Salmon? WOW - I am impressed! It sounds so healthy and tasty! Happy Father's Day to Cody and to Joshua, who made him a dad. ;o)

Kendall and Shelly Burr. said...

He is a-dor-able!!! I absolutely cannot wait to meet our cutie pie little nephew. August can't come soon enough. It will be so fun to see you guys and have our little cousins play together. Love you! -Kendall and Shelly

Anonymous said...

Why is Joshua the cutest little boy I know? Oh that's right he has some of the cutest, awesomest parents!

kari said...

That's our darling little boy! We love him!