Sunday, June 29, 2008

We're moving!

Wow, it's been awhile since I posted, hasn't it? We've been pretty busy at the Alleman house for the past couple of weeks, so I apologize for the delay. Our biggest piece of news is (as you can tell from the title): we're moving! We've been looking to find a place with cheaper rent for awhile now, and we finally found a place that we love. It's a duplex, but we have the entire top floor (the bottom floor is kind of a basement...there are about 7 or 8 stairs once you get inside the front door to get to our floor), and it's in northeast Orem. So we're moving to a different city! We're very excited. The rent is a lot less than what we pay at our current home, there is a garage there (yay storage!), tons of closet space (yay storage again!), and we won't have to worry about lawn care as the landlord takes care of that. Those of you who have visited us at our current home may have wondered why there are boxes all around in almost every room...that's because there's hardly any storage space here. So, things will be a lot nicer with closet space and an actual pantry. Oh, and having a garage means no needing to scrape off the icy windows in the winter! And no incredibly hot steering wheel in the summer! Yay! As you can tell, we're looking forward to the change. Plus, as Joshua is becoming increasingly mobile (more on that later), we're seeing the need to have carpet again. Hardwood floors all over the house just aren't a good idea with a baby/toddler. We don't have an actual move-in date yet, but it'll be sometime around July 10-15th. It's coming up! This move will give us the chance to baby-proof our house, too. So we're excited.

Our second piece of news: I got a second job! Now, I know what you're thinking...I'm going to kill myself working so much. But this is a work-from-home job. I'm transcribing phone conversations for a company called KLAS. For now, I'm only working 1-2 hours a day, but once Cody gets a job and I'm staying home, I'll get a few more hours. It seems like a job that I'll be able to have for awhile, so I'm excited to be able to contribute to the family income once I'm a stay-at-home mom. Although, right now it makes my days pretty crazy: I work 8am-5pm at BYU, come home and watch Joshua while Cody sleeps, try to get Joshua to bed by 9pm (I'm hoping to move that bedtime up a little bit over the next couple of weeks), transcribe from 9-10:30 or 11 (depends on how much work there is), spend time with Cody, and then go to bed before Cody leaves for work around 11:45. It's a crazy schedule, and I have no idea when I'll have time to pack everything by the time we move, but at least I'll be bringing in more money. Now, everybody please keep praying that Cody will find a job so our life is a little less hectic!

Anyway, I mentioned earlier that Joshua is becoming increasingly mobile. He's not crawling yet, but it sure seems like he's getting close. In fact, just in the past couple of days he's learned to use a combination of rolling over and over and turning 90 degrees every so often to get across the room. His little legs kick everything in sight and he reaches for literally every single thing he can, so we have to be vigilant. Here are a couple of pictures:What a cute kid. We have his 6-month appointment tomorrow (almost two weeks overdue), so we'll let you know how big he's gotten. It's such a joy to be his parents.

Anyway, that's the update on the Allemans for now. I'll try to get more pictures and videos posted soon, but if I don't, know that I'm working away and getting ready for our big move and I'll get things posted as soon as I can! =)

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Congrats on the move! I hope it will go very smoothly. Hooray for more storage!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

He's already grown up so much! You're gonna have mover and a runner on your hands soon. Let me know when you need help!

Writing Group Blog said...

You are a superwoman. I'm so proud of you. Good luck with the move and everything you've got going on. I can't believe how awesome you are.

kari said...

My sweet, crazy busy daughter! You have so many talents and capabilities! Joshua is a definite delight, and seeing him moving around and exploring make me miss him more! I can't wait to do the gramma thing in a month. :)