Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Fun with Family...and other things

Well, they came and they left...my parents, that is. They drove in from California last Wednesday, and they left this morning. It was so good to have them here. We had a wonderful time. We hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house on Thursday--we had 9 people: Cody, Joshua, and me (of course), my mom and dad, my sister Kirsti and her husband Rich, my sister Brianne, Rich's brother Rob, and Cody's grandpa (his grandma would have come but she got sick that morning, sadly). That's a lot of people to cook for! But I'm happy to say it all turned out most amazingly, and we still have tons of leftovers.

Friday and Saturday, Cody and I went car shopping. Not much success, sad to say. We're still waiting to hear from a dealer about whether or not they could find a bank to finance us for the car we selected...apparently our financial history and current status aren't being very kind to us right now. We're not sure what the next step is, but hopefully we can find something soon because we need to return the car to Cody's grandparents...

Joshua is totally walking now--he started really walking over the weekend, and he can go about 8-10 steps at once now. It's amazing to watch! He's started clapping, too, and he loves smiling and laughing with people. We really should be better about taking pictures, but we'll just have to get copies of the ones that my dad and Rich/Kirsti took with their cameras. I'll have to post later.

Anyway, there's not much else to report right now, but I just wanted to let you all know that we're still alive and well, that we're still looking for a new car, and that we're excited for Christmas to finally be here! I love this season!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you have a nice thanksgiving! good luck getting a car. something will turn up, it has too (re-read your previous post, the Lord does work in mysterious ways) :D

Mamapierce said...

I love your new background - so festive! How wonderful to be able to see your family this time of year. I was just telling Tyler that if we are stationed in LA, then we could see your wonderful mom often! Good luck on the car hunt. Have you tried craigslist?