Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's almost Joshua's birthday...

First of all, for those who aren't already aware, Joshua turns the big 0-1 this Thursday! I can't believe it's been almost an entire year since he came into our lives. My little guy is growing up...*sniff sniff* In case anybody is interested, we're going to have a little mini-party, cake included, that night around 6:30. If you'd like to show up, we'd love to have you! But please let me know if you're coming so we can make sure we have enough cake. Just email me or leave a comment.

And now, pictures! I know it's been awhile since I've posted pictures of him. The first two were taken at a Christmas dinner we had with some of my old roommates. Joshua just happened to be wearing overalls and playing with the plastic fishing pole and accompanying fish that my mom got him for his birthday (they're bath toys), and I saw this hat lying around (also courtesy of Grandma), so I put it on him and Cody ran for the camera. This could have been a Halloween costume, don't you think?And here's our Christmas tree. We decided to get a real one for the last time, and hopefully there will be some artificial ones on sale after Christmas (we're looking forward to a pre-lit one!):Here's Cody and Joshua during our ward Christmas breakfast yesterday morning. I was really trying to get Joshua to smile, but...silly kid. He had a great time crawling around the back of the cultural hall while about five other kids walked around him. You could almost see him thinking, "Someday I'll be able to walk around like them!" He does walk a little, as I think I've mentioned before, but I think he might have been a little intimidated yesterday. And he can only do about 8-10 steps at a time before he topples over. He's getting the hang of it, though. Now that we have our video camera fixed, I should post some videos...hopefully soon!

On a sad side note, unfortunately Cody was let go from his job at Target on Friday night. He showed up, all ready to work, and for some reason he wasn't on the schedule...after talking to the team leader, he found out they had let him go (without even telling him!), apparently because they hired too many people for the holidays. It was a big blow, as now we're looking at an even slimmer Christmas, but at least we'll have him home for sure on days like Christmas Eve. Just please keep us in your prayers--money is extremely tight, as I'm sure it is for everyone!

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I'm sorry about the job loss. That stinks. I hope the holidays will be great for you despite that! Sending (((HUGS))) your way!

Is it just me, or does Joshua look like a little boy instead of a baby now???

Anonymous said...

definitely praying for you girl!

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

Sorry about the job, but something better will come along! I feel you on the birthday!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S BEEN A YEAR!!!! Hope yall have a great one!