Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I was on the radio!!!

I always listen to Christmas music while I'm at work...since I don't have any decorations up in my office and I have no windows to look outside at the (nonexistent thus far) snow, it helps me remember that it really is December and Christmas really is only two weeks away (holy cows! I need to do some shopping!). Anyway, for those of you who are not familiar with Utah radio, FM100 plays continuous Christmas music starting November 1st (although I haven't been listening to it since then, don't worry). So, when I got to work this morning and started up the Christmas music, I heard something about sending an email to enter some contest. I didn't even hear what it was for, but I figured, hey, why not?

Seriously, less than five minutes after I sent my email, I got a phone call..."Hi, this is Brian and Rebecca from FM100's morning show!" Aaack! I was totally taken off guard. They joked about me working in an engineering department and asked me if I knew how to make a diamond, to which I told them I didn't but maybe someone in my department did. Come to find out, I had won their "Diamond Days" contest, meaning I got two tickets to Neil Diamond's concert in SLC next Friday night, plus a $100 gift certificate to Morgan Jewelers! I have to drive up to Salt Lake to pick it all up, but hey, that's fine with me. And then about 5-10 minutes later, I heard myself on the radio. So surreal. I'm famous! (sorta)

So, anybody want some Neil Diamond tickets? =P

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Congrats on your winning the contest!!! :o) $100 of jewelry - can't beat that!

Mickelle said...

AWESOME! You deserve it after the whole car situation.

Rebecca said...

So my parents next door neighbor is Rebecca Cressman from the morning show. Congrats on the jewelry...and the car. Merry Christmas!!

The Hulls said...

Yay for free money to buy your self a Christmas present!! That's funny story though. So Carina!! :-)