Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy (Belated) Valentine's Day!

Well, Valentine's Day for us dawned white and snowy, and Cody got some good news: his Saturday class was canceled! I guess his teacher, a native of Georgia, didn't feel it was safe to travel from SLC to UVU, so he gave them all the day off. Of course, we weren't complaining. We both had a bit of last-minute shopping to do, so we took advantage of the extra time. Upon returning home from his shopping trip, Cody presented me with some beautiful red roses, which I loved, of course. Then Brianne came over to watch Joshua while we went to Tucanos Brazilian Grill. They had a special Valentine's Day event planned, with red tableclothes, fresh flowers, candlelight, grilled shrimp, filet mignon, chocolate-covered strawberries, and a rose after dinner--in addition to all the normal stuff. Mmmm, tasty. Then we just enjoyed the evening together. And for a present, Cody gave me a blue topaz necklace, using that gift card I won on the radio over Christmas. He had intended to get me a necklace with my birthstone, but he didn't realize my birthstone is actually a diamond, so he instead settled on December, which is Joshua's birthstone. All in all, it was a good Valentine's Day, full of love for each other and all that mushiness. I'm so grateful for the man I married almost two and a half years ago--Te amo, meu amor!

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

What a beautiful necklace! It sounds like you had a fabulous Valentine's Day! :o)

Karin said...

What a fun day! Your husband must be really thoughtful!

kari said...

Awww. So Sweet! Good job, Cody!

Tiffany J said...

What a fun surprise to have a cancelled class and a fun necklace! I'm glad your Valentine's was fun!