Monday, August 10, 2009

Make new friends, but keep the old!

We had a little reunion of sorts last night! One of my very good friends, Wendy, was in town with her husband Paul and their almost-5-month-old son, Reece, so we took advantage and had a little get-together with them and Shara and her husband Craig. Nothing fancy, just catching up and enjoying the company of good friends.

Wendy, Shara, and I were all roommates for a few years from 2001-2003, when we all left on missions for our Church (me in Brazil, Shara in Taiwan, and Wendy in Albania). When we returned in 2005, we ended up in the same apartment complex for a year...then Wendy got married in May '06, I got married that August, and then Shara tied the knot earlier this year in April. These girls are seriously awesome. I have so many good memories with both of them and they have impacted my life greatly. I'm so glad that we've kept in touch and still get together when we can. Thanks, ladies!
Joshua really seemed to enjoy "playing" with Reece. It made me excited to see him as a big brother...no, I'm not announcing anything, but we are planning on it sometime in the future. :)

4 comments:

kari said...

Awww, two guys communicating in the usual non-verbal language, I see. Very manly, indeed. Glad you all had fun. I love those two gals also, and am so grateful for their influence in your life, Carina! They are choice. :)

Svedi Pie said...

Aww - thanks Carina. That was so fun, I wish we could have stayed longer.

I loved little Joshua and Reece hanging out together. That was so cute :) I'm glad you got a picture - I brought my camera but forgot to get it out!!

Writing Group Blog said...

Yay, friends! I'm so glad we got to see you guys, even if only for a few minutes. I loved how Joshua played with Reece - super adorable. He will be a great big brother someday (soon?). I kid, I kid. I'm glad you got that picture, even though I, too, had a camera and just forgot to grab it. We miss you guys! Definitely come visit us in SF!

Mickelle said...

Aw, super fun times! I'm glad you three had such a good time!