Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sleeping preferences

Joshua has been a stomach sleeper practically since birth. It took a lot of persistence to get him to sleep on his back, and when he would nap with Cody he would always lay on his stomach. Once he learned how to roll over, I didn't worry much about it anymore. I guess I just assumed he was going to be like his mommy and be most comfortable on his stomach.

A few months ago, we put a blanket in his crib, along with the stuffed bear we gave him for Christmas, but he never really did much with them, just moved them around in the crib while he slept on his stomach. Now, though, when we put him in the crib, he lays down on his back, makes it clear that he wants the blanket put over him, gets a huge smile on his face while he pats the covers, and then reaches out for the bear, which he hugs until we leave the room. I'm not sure what he does after that, but that's now the ritual. He's very particular, it seems. And adorable. I should get a picture of him laying there like that, but he'd probably be too eager to lay hold on the camera to go to sleep--and as all the parents of young ones out there know, we want to do as little as possible that would disturb his sleep.

By the way--I made it to work five minutes early again today by taking that alternate route. Yay! And thank you, Shara, for reminding me that construction people especially need work these days, and we should be glad for the snow that tears up the roads so badly they need to repair it every summer. :)

3 comments:

Svedi Pie said...

:D I hope you didn't feel like I was criticizing you, because honestly my first reaction was "Ugg, again!! :("

Joshua it too cute!! I can just picture him clinging to his teddy bear. Too precious! :D If you do happen to get a picture of it you should put it up! :)

Amy said...

So cute. Maddie is a tummy sleeper too, but she has not switched to her back yet. She has to go to bed every night clutching her toothbrush and training toothpaste.

Brianne said...

what a cutie =)