Monday, August 17, 2009

Yay, Mommy time!

That's what Cody always texts me when I tell him I'm on my way home from work. Well, this week it's got a new meaning--my own mom is on her way here from California! She's agreed to watch Joshua later on this week so Cody and I can get away for a few days for our anniversary (which isn't actually until the 26th, but school will have started by then...). I'm excited to see her! She came up early so Joshua can get used to her, which gives us a few days of play with her before we leave Wednesday night. It's going to be fun! =)

I tried to get Joshua to take a picture with me a few days ago. This is what came out:
I was trying to get this smile out of him:Apparently he'll give the cheesy smile when it's just him, but he'd rather furrow his brow when he's in the same picture as his mommy. Silly kid.

6 comments:

Svedi Pie said...

He is so cute!! Enjoy your getaway! You two deserve it :D

Brianne said...

haha Joshua is so silly. this reminds me in a weird way of Calvin (from Calvin and Hobbes), whenever they try to take a picture of him...

Mickelle said...

I can't get enough of Joshua. When I have a boy I hope he looks just like him.

But also like Scott and me. Otherwise it would be weird.

Mamapierce said...

Try a few tickles during picture time - that works for me! How wonderful that your mom can come for a visit and allow you this much deserved getaway! :o)

kari said...

I adore that little boy. I miss him too much already! Thank you so much for the opportunity to bond with him! We really did have a great time. Love you all. ~Mom

Tiffany J said...

How fun! I love weekend get a ways! Especially since I became a mom! It's something we all need! Congratulations on your Anniversary as well!!