Monday, January 19, 2009

Ah, days off!

I know that a blog post on Martin Luther King Day should probably be more along the lines of how grateful I am to live in a country with equal rights and how tomorrow's inauguration is very historic and yadda yadda yadda...sorry, I don't mean to make all that other stuff sound so trivial. I really am grateful for that, but that isn't the subject of this post. Would itb horrible of me to say I'm just glad to get a day off from work? It's nice to just hang out with my husband and son, to enjoy spending time as a family. And since I'm off work, and we have a few pictures that needed to be posted, I figured blogging was a good activity. This first one kind of took me off guard...it really makes Joshua look like a little boy, and not so much a baby anymore. I mean, he IS 13 months old now, but still...
This one is just awesome. I love the little glance off to the side.Cody's ratty old hat looks pretty cute on Joshua, don't you think?
These next two are some of the sweetest pictures I've ever seen. Yup, that's Cody reading Green Eggs and Ham to Joshua (many of you know I used to be a Dr. Seuss collector...I think maybe I should take it up again, now that I have kids to read them to). It looks like Joshua's quite interested, don't you think?We're going to go out to lunch now, so I better sign off. Hope you have a great day off, too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Days off are lovely. I wish I had today off :P But I'm glad you were able to spend it with your family - that's the most important :D

Anonymous said...

I know I already commented - but I was looking at these pics again and Joshua looks more and more like Cody with each picture :) So cute!