Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday afternoons...oh, how they drag!

I'm sure those of you who work full-time, and probably those who don't, know exactly what I mean. Friday afternoons = longest four hours of the week. Reminds me of this clock, which at first glance may look normal, but then you realize it's backwards, the way it feels like the time is going today. It's just sooooo sloooooow! I just want to go home and be with my family. (sorry to complain) I'm ready to be done with work for a few days, and it looks to be a good weekend. Tonight we'll probably just lay around the house and Cody will do homework while I transcribe, but tomorrow Joshua and I are going wedding dress looking with my good friend Shara, I'm hopefully getting my hair cut (I promise to post pictures), and Cody and I plan to watch the next movie in our Netflix queue, which is National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets. Nothing spectacular, but it'll be nice to be doing things other than working. Are you hoping to have a good weekend, too?

3 comments:

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

what kind of transcription do you do? My mom is the trans. supervisor for the hospital here. has lots of at home transcribers. I know what you mean about the clock! LOL

Karin said...

My Friday afternoon was fast...I guess cuz I had so much to do! I hope your weekend goes well. :) Much love!

The Allemans said...

I transcribe for this company called KLAS. They're like Consumer Reports for the healthcare industry--basically, KLAS researchers call the hospitals and talk to them about the vendors and products that they work with, and then they publish their findings so that both vendors and providers can see how the different products rate. I transcribe their phone conversations. It's nice because I didn't have to know much medical terminology at first. I just learn as I go!