Saturday, January 31, 2009

Like Father, Like Son

I gave Cody a Marvel Alliance Playstation 2 video game for our first Christmas as a married couple, and he played it a few times. Then I got pregnant, Cody went back to school, Joshua was born, and life just sorta got a little crazy (to say the least). So, a few weeks ago, I mentioned that to Cody that he never played it anymore. He made sure I would be okay if he took it up again, and he started playing it both at night when I'm transcribing (when his homework is done, of course) and during the day while Joshua's playing on the floor. It turns out, Joshua LOVES the cordless controller. In fact, there were a couple times when Cody was at class, and after picking up the controller, Joshua headed right for the couch where Cody always sits to play his game, pulled himself up, and sat there playing with it, just as he'd seen his daddy do. It's pretty obvious how much Joshua loves his daddy. I wouldn't be surprised if he grows up to be a video-game playing, Transformer-loving big kid, too!
I love these last two... he just looks so bored, doesn't he? =P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are such cute pictures of Joshua - I love it! Like father like son. Also, it made me happy that on your blog list you put (soon to be Craig!) hehehe, you're fun :)

Brianne said...

hehe...these pictures make me smile =) and they make Joshua's legs look sooooo long!

kari said...

That's our boy! He's a chip off the old block....long, lean, and content to hold that controller in his hands. I can see those reflexes starting to kick in.