Friday, January 9, 2009

Silly Joshua...

Something that Cody and I often find ourselves saying to each other as we talk about our son is "silly, silly Joshua." Lately, we've found ourselves laughing over his silly antics as we lay down before going to sleep...talking about how he has learned to growl, his awesome babbling that ranges from whispered "dah dah dahs" to yells of "yeh yeh yeh" , the little wave he gives over my shoulder to his daddy as I carry him off to bed...such a great kid he is. Anyway, I was looking through the pictures I've taken on my cell phone, and I came across this little gem, which made me crack up because it's so typical for Joshua. This was taken one November afternoon (I think the Monday before Thanksgiving--November was uncharacteristically warm this year, in case anyone is thinking we're neglectful parents because Joshua is barefoot), and I had a dentist appointment. Because we were borrowing Cody's grandparents' car at the time due to the JiffyLube fiasco, and because only Cody drove it, Cody and Joshua accompanied me and waited in the lobby. The receptionist thought Joshua was adorable (who doesn't?), and offered him toys from the treasure chest and a big red balloon. We tied the balloon to his wrist and he seemed a little puzzled, but he liked the toys. For awhile there, he was content to just sit around with the squishy ball hanging out of his mouth, so I snapped a picture and have now included it here for your viewing pleasure. I hope you get a kick out of our son, because we sure do! =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little story :) How fun. Thanks for sharing.

Mickelle said...

I LOVE this story! I can't believe he's already a one-year old! My, time flies.

Mamapierce said...

He's so cute! :o)

kari said...

Oh, I DO get a kick out of your son!

Karin said...

What a fun little guy!