Saturday, January 31, 2009

Locks of Love

Most of you know that my hair has been pretty long for quite some time--Cody called it my "monstrous mass of beauty." I don't think I've cut more than one or two inches at a time since before my mission, so that's about 5-6 years of long hair. I really got used to having it long and didn't see myself cutting it short anytime soon. Anyway, for the past couple of weeks, I was thinking about cutting maybe 6 inches or so...and then, I thought, why not just go for 10 and donate it to Locks of Love? Well, I did it, and it's pretty short now. I keep telling myself it's for a good cause, and I'll hopefully get less headaches now without so much hair to weigh my head down. Plus, it's all super healthy now! And it's still just as thick as ever. Here are the before pictures:See? It was crazy long. And now:
I'll admit it, I'm not loving it yet, but I know it'll grow, and I know that some kid somewhere is going to benefit from the four 10+ inch braids I donated today. And it feels so much lighter! =)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy smokin' Carina! Wow, that looks great! I loved your long hair so when you told me today about cutting it off I was a little apprehensive of the idea, and I had no idea it would be this much. But, dang girl! This is so cute. It's very becoming of you. :D :D enjoy the new you :)

Mamapierce said...

I'll admit - I liked your long hair, but that short cut is SUPER cute on you! I hope to be able to see it in person at the reunion. :o)

Brianne said...

WOW I am surprised they cut so much! I didn't think it would be that short! but I agree with Jill and Shara, it looks very cute =) and since it is all healthy, the ends probably feel so much better, and if you want it to grow long again you can just trim the ends every 6 weeks or so and it will grow out really quickly. I do like it though! just remember that this means you have to do your hair every day now...haha

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

Very cute! And what a wonderful cause!!!

kari said...

Now THAT'S my beautiful, generous daughter. I'm so proud of you! And you DO look beautiful. I like how the short haircut makes your facial beauty really stand out. Good job!

Jared and Laurel said...

Oh, I'M loving it...I think you will, too. The weight relief alone always makes me happy when I do a dramatic chop (I think about four times now?). Looks great!