Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Good trip, but all too brief!

Well, they came and left already...it really was a short trip, but we're so glad that my parents were able to even come at all. They arrived on Friday afternoon, and after enjoying some good Joshua time, we put him to bed and played a bit of Phase 10. Although, come to think of it, we never finished the game because Kirsti and Rich arrived from his mission reunion and we started chatting instead.

We next watched both sessions of Conference on Saturday, which were of course quite good (and we sustained a new Apostle! Yay!). Kirsti, Rich, and Brianne came over for the afternoon session. After a bit off Wii (courtesy of Rich and Kirsti), the men left to attend the priesthood session and us girls (+ Joshua) got ready to go reserve a table at Olive Garden. Joshua was a little temperamental, considering dinner didn't even start until after 8pm and he's usually in bed by 7:30, but fortunately he was relatively good overall. We finally made it back home by 10pm and played some more Wii until I finally went to bed around midnight (I heard they stayed until around 1am, they being Rich, Kirsti, Brianne, and Brianne's friend Paige and her husband Whitney--Brianne and Paige are going to France together next month, and I guess Paige came over so my parents could meet her...or something).

Sunday morning was much the same, except Kirsti, Rich, and Brianne came over for the morning session and brought Rich's brother Rob. More good talks, more inspiration to be better and to be more like Christ. I'm looking forward to getting the Ensign so I can read the talks more, because it really does get hard to pay attention with Joshua running around. Then we had a really really good crock pot chicken dinner (thanks, Mommy!) and played games into the evening.

Monday morning, we went to IHOP with everyone, including my grandpa and his wife, Ruth, who drove up with my parents but stayed at Ruth's daughter's house in Springville all weekend. Then we came back to our house and chatted until they left. Short trip, but of course they loved getting their Joshua fix, and we'll see them all at a big family reunion in Texas. Yay!

And I fail at taking pictures again. My dad was good with his camera, but I didn't get copies before he took off, so I only have four pictures of Joshua from the weekend (one with my cell phone, three with Kirsti's). I'll still post them, though, because he's adorable. First up, Joshua wearing my dad's sunglasses (which he LOVED):The next three were all taken at Olive Garden...first Daddy played with the napkin and gave Joshua a turban of sorts, and the next two were of Joshua enjoying his mommy's frozen raspberry lemonade. He couldn't get enough of it.That's it. Thanks for letting me share. And thanks, Mom and Dad, for making the sacrifice to come see us! We love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun to have family :D I'm glad you had such a good weekend :)

kari said...

Are you kidding? SACRIFICE??? WhatEVer. We had a great time. Thanks for letting us come! Kisses and hugs to both your guys, Carina. We'll get your dad to forward those pix asap. Love you. ~Mom