Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Shout "Hooray!"

Well, I've been a little busy these days with training for my new job, so I haven't really been able to blog much. But I did want to remember to document my 27th birthday, which was yesterday! It was a pretty quiet day--I'd already opened up birthday presents when my parents came up for Conference, and we didn't have anything huge planned. I had training all day and then left work around 3pm so I could spend some time with my family. We had planned to go to the park, but the weather was kind of hazy and I wasn't sure I wanted to be outside with what looked like incredibly poor air quality, so we just enjoyed time inside. And I opened my present--a breadmaker! I am so excited to use it. I need some good recipes...if anyone has one, let me know! And Joshua got me the cutest card, which made me happy. Then we went to dinner at Tucanos (one of my favorite restaurants) and then came home and tucked our silly boy into bed. Plus, my dad and both my brothers called me, so that was fun. It was a good day!

Oh, and four years ago today, I arrived home from my mission to Brazil. It seems like ages and ages ago, especially since the two most important people in the world to me at this point in my life were complete unknowns to me four years ago. But it was a great time in my life, and I'll always be grateful for those memories. =)

3 comments:

The Hulls said...

Sometimes the slower days are the best days! I'm happy your b-day was happy!! I have a few recipes for a breadmaker -- what brand is it? Let me know so I can send you some.

Mamapierce said...

Happy Birthday!!! Go to www.allrecipes.com for yummy breadmaker recipes. :o)

kari said...

I'm soooo glad you came into my life on April 28th, 1982. You have always been a tremendous blessing. I love you dearly!