Thursday, April 2, 2009

Looking forward to the weekend...

This weekend, I'm hoping, is going to be awesome. First of all, it's April--and hopefully the weather gets the message that April is springtime, so that means it's time to stop dumping cold white stuff all over. I'm okay with rain, but snow is no longer welcome, at least not in my opinion.

Second of all, it's General Conference! I'm looking forward to hearing from the leaders of our Church and being able to enjoy watching them from the comfort of my own home. May those of us who attend be receptive and listen to the Spirit as we are taught by the Lord's appointed servants.

Third of all, my parents are driving up for the weekend, and they're bringing my grandpa and his wife with them! I kinda-sorta proposed the idea for them to come up last week, not thinking that they would actually take me up on it (not that I'm regretting extending the invitation, of course!). Sure enough, there didn't seem to be a possibility that they could actually afford it--but then my mom texted me on Sunday and said they were coming! I'm looking forward to having them here. It'll be a short trip, but it will be most welcome. I'm sure they're excited to see Joshua, too. It must be hard living away from their grandkids, because they really do change so much, especially when they're younger. So it'll be good to have them around, if only for 2-3 days.

So yeah, this weekend should be great. I'll try to take pictures and videos throughout the weekend (but we all know how much of a flake I can be when it comes to that...), so look for an update on Monday or Tuesday. Hope you have a great weekend, too!

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

What wouldn't I give to have my parents come visit for 2-3 days! Have fun!

Carina said...

It helps to have two of your siblings live close by. This way, they get to be with a majority of their kids in one single trip. =) But we'll see if they keep coming to visit once my sisters move away...hehe

Anonymous said...

Yay for the weekend, conference and parents!! :D also you should expect your invite this weekend :D

Mickelle said...

Waiting to hear how it went... :)