Saturday, May 30, 2009

Families are Forever

This afternoon, Cody and I had the privilege of attending the temple sealing of one of my good friends, Bethany Caswell, and her fiancé (now husband, of course) Benjamin Fuller. Bethany and I went to high school together, swam on the swim team, and her family even lived down the street from mine--I remember many a night spent playing ping pong in her garage and a few clam bakes in their backyard (her family is originally from Rhode Island, and they certainly know how to do a clam bake!). Anyway, Bethany is one of the most amazing girls I've ever known, and she has been a great example to me. It was such a sweet experience to see her be sealed to a righteous young man.

It brought back memories of our sealing, as attending sealings often does, and Cody and I reflected on that wonderful day almost three years ago now. How blessed we are to have the power of God here on earth, able to bind families together forever! And now we have a sweet little boy who is part of our family, who brings us much joy and will do for all eternity. I'm just so grateful to have such wonderful promises made to us and will do all I can to make sure they come true.

And here's a cool collage of photos--they had a little photo booth at the reception, and so we took a few pictures. I don't think we've ever had so many family pictures taken of us, actually. Sorry Joshua's head is covering Cody's in almost every picture...oh, well. We need to get professional ones taken sometime...

7 comments:

The Hulls said...

Fun pictures!! Check out if there's a Portrait Innovations near you. You get a HUGE package of one pose for $9.99 and then can pick and choose after that. Usually they take 45-60 pictures for you to choose from. Also, you get the pictures that same day. Totally worth it!!

Mamapierce said...

What fun pictures! You should go to walmart - it's only $6 to get a TON of pictures and they're pretty good quality at that. What a beautiful family you have!

Brianne said...

happiness and joy =) the look on your face in the top middle picture is kind of creepy, Carina...and what are you looking at in the bottom left pic? your face looks somewhat incredulous and Joshua's looks kinda like, "huh?" all in all, you guys are cute =) and I hope Joshua got some more sleep that night!

Mickelle said...

Love the bunny ears. Classic!

kari said...

What a sweet entry, Carina. Yes, you are truly blessed with an amazing family. I LOVE the pictures. What a great idea to have that available at a reception--I adore Bethany, and am grateful for her and her family's influence on us, their neighbors up the street. They are dear, but especially, the gospel is dear. I concur with all you said, and love my sweet Alleman family. Give Joshua 6 kisses and 4 hugs please.

Svedi Pie said...

Super cute pics, you look so happy. :) Such a fun thing!! I wanted to do that, but we would have needed a bigger wedding budget :)

Tiffany J said...

What a fun thing to have at a reception...I've never seen a photo place like that! That's so cool! Sounds like you had a fun day and how fun you've known each other for so long! It isn't easy keeping in touch with friends from high school so that's great! I can't believe you guys are going on 3 years! Crazy!