Saturday, May 2, 2009

First week at the SOT

I'm all on my own now--cleaned out my old office and have moved into my new ones, and the former Department Secretary has left for good. I haven't had any major hiccups yet, so that's a good thing! I'm liking the environment already...the professors are pretty easy to get along with, and they all seem to enjoy having a good time.

I've even made some really random connections: one of the professor's sisters was in my ward in Campus Plaza from 2001-2003, and one of the student computer guys also had a sister in that same ward. Plus, one of the part-time professors (or lab guys...I'm not exactly sure what his job is) knew my Grandpa Dahle, Great-Uncle Alton, and my mom's cousin Eric in Fruitland, Idaho. It really is a small world after all!

Anyway, my son is smiling at me and looks like he wants to play, so I'm gonna sign off now. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

6 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I'm so glad you're having a smooth transition. Have a great weekend!

The Hulls said...

I'm really happy this is a positive experience for you. Out of curiosity, who were the CPites?

kari said...

Ah, that winsome smile of little Joshua. He loves his mommie! So glad you're completely moved over now. I hope you enjoy your new work environment, and your future is bright!

Carina said...

The CPites were Sara Lyn Busch (formerly Holladay), whose brother is an animation professor, and Angela Twining, whose brother is one of our student CSRs. =)

Mickelle said...

Sara Lynn? From N311?

The Allemans said...

Yeah, that's her. You know the transcription work I do at night? She got me into that! She lives in Florida now. =)