Monday, November 9, 2009

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

There have been several times in the last few days when Joshua has laid out prostrate on the floor or couch, face-down, and made this guttural sound, almost like he was clearing his throat. I was kind of confused as to what he was doing, but figured he was just being silly. Tonight, it finally hit me. He's trying to be like his daddy!

You see, since Cody's working on Sunday nights, he is exhausted when he comes home (just in time for me to dash out the door), and he often ends up snoozing on the couch while Joshua plays and semi-watches Playhouse Disney. So, Joshua, being the adoring son that he is, has decided it's fun to pretend to be Daddy, lay on the couch, and "snore." Seriously, it's hilarious. As soon as I realized what he was doing, I couldn't stop laughing--and considering I have a migraine tonight, that was saying something. I hope to capture it on video at some point, but for now your imaginations will have to suffice. I love that kid.

2 comments:

kari said...

Ah! Now it comes to haunt you guys! The things our children copy can be absolutely scary sometimes! Especially when they start exaggerating (yes!) your voice inflections, and you think to yourself, "Do I really sound like THAT????" Good luck....you may need it! I can't stop smiling.

Mamapierce said...

How funny! :o)