Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Trying to be healthier

I had a doctor appointment last week that scared me. Don't worry, I'm okay, but it was a pretty severe wake-up call to how unhealthy I am right now. As a result, Cody and I have committed to making changes in our lifestyle and eating habits, so that we can both get healthier and live a good long life together.

To kick this off, we started making a few small changes. For instance, we didn't take Joshua trick-or-treating nor did we hand out candy of our own, so there's no leftover candy around. We also left the cookies we made on Saturday at my sister's house so we're not tempted to eat them. And we resolved to include vegetables with dinner more often...so instead of just chicken and rice, we'll add some broccoli and cauliflower, or heat up some peas and carrots to go with the mac and cheese. I'm also bringing Lean Cuisine lunches to work more often instead of going off campus for fast food. You know, small things--and all those small things together will help, right?

Here's to a good, healthy lifestyle! We'll get there eventually!

6 comments:

The Hulls said...

In the long run the lack of fast food will be happier in your wallet too! :)

Mamapierce said...

Try getting the healthy choice meals, too. Tyler & I will eat them together and they're super healthy. I also recommend protein shakes either pre-made or buy whey protein powder and make shakes with milk and fruit. Good luck!

Svedi Pie said...

Awesome Carina! You're right it just takes a few small steps to get going in the right direction. You know that I'm starting to really get in nutrition and good foods. I'm definitely not as good at it as I want to be, but doesn't feel good be going in the right direction? Keep it up girl!

Writing Group Blog said...

Good for you! It's so hard to slide those vegetables in to mealtime. You're such a busy woman, so I'm proud of you for your new goal!

Mickelle said...

Way to go! I have been searching for more veggie recipes, maybe I'll post any that I come across so we can do it together! Hang in there!

Also, I loved the Pres. Hinckley quote. My sister is a single parent, and working/being a mom is one hard combo!

kari said...

MMMMm. Veggies! Good steps. I want to follow your examples. You guys are doing great. Every little step counts! I sent our left over Halloween candy to work with your dad, so they can spread the pounds there instead of here!