Sunday, April 4, 2010

O death, where is thy sting?

On this Easter Sunday, we commemorate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Almost 2000 years ago, He broke the bonds of death and rose from His tomb to live again. Knowing that this occurred has brought me much comfort throughout my life, and I'm sure it will continue to do so for the rest of eternity.

Cody's grandfather, LaVell Brown, passed away this evening after a long battle with cancer. He essentially was the main father figure in Cody's life, and his passing leaves an absence in our lives. Though I have only known LaVell for a few years, I grew to love this strong, caring man who was such an influence on my husband's life. I'm so grateful that he was able to participate in Joshua's baby blessing. I'm blessed to know that he has gone on to the spirit world, where he has been reunited with friends and family that had already passed on. I know that death has no hold on him, for one day he will live again.
This is LaVell holding Joshua for the first time.
Goodbye until we meet again!

6 comments:

Mamapierce said...

What a sweet picture. Happy Easter!

Svedi Pie said...

Truly the doctrine of Resurrection and Eternal Families is the sweetest of all. Hope Cody is doing ok. I know that even with the hope we have in the gospel it is still very difficult to be parted with loved ones. Sending my prayers your way.

Writing Group Blog said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! From everything I heard, he was a fantastic person. Glad he was able to be in your lives. I have to say, he picked a great day to pass away. It'll always be a beautiful reminder of the Savior's gift of eternal life. We love you!

Karin said...

Sending your dear family love and prayers.

Jared and Laurel said...

I echo everyone else in saying how sorry I am for you loss. It can't be easy, but I hope having the Gospel in your lives helps you all get through it.

kari said...

I remember when this picture was taken. What a sweet remembrance. We too will miss LaVell....he was a very good man.